Blog Home   |   Website   |   Contact   |   Fine Art Prints   |   Facebook

Saturday 16 May 2009

Fabulous in High Heels!

When it comes to making a personal statement high heels are hard to beat, but only if it's done properly. Let's face it, tottering into a room like a new born antelope with dislocated knees, or stomping along with hunched shoulders, looking down as though you are concentrating on trying to crush cockroaches, is unlikely to give the impression you were hoping for. I spend rather a lot of time around brides in their shiny new heels, so I've seen everything from the Carvela Careen to the Westwood Wobble.

However, help is at hand. Nina won a competition prize organised by www.getlippy.com to go on a High Heels Masterclass run by Sarah Toner. Yesterday was the big day and she went along with our friend Jane, both of them having somehow managed to select a single pair of shoes each from their vast collections.

Precisely what went on in the class is something of a mystery (although fruit seems to figure quite highly). All I can say is that the two women I picked up that evening were not the same ones I had dropped off in the morning, Jane and Nina positively strutted to the car with the confidence of catwalk models and the elegance of gazelles, a most impressive sight that really did have heads turning! The individual tuition they received has obviously made a huge difference and there is no doubt that they had a fantastic time, there has only been one topic of conversation since...

So, if you want to learn how to make the right statement on your wedding day, boost your confidence and have a lot of fun at the same time, Jane and Nina's top tip is to visit Sarah's website www.fabinhighheels.com or www.sarahtoner.co.uk and treat yourself to a High Heels Masterclass!



01323 639404

7 comments:

  1. Loved it! tried the class, it was actually fun, , and not what i was expecting...Sarah is a great , understanding teacher and I ll be treating myself to another class next month x unless it comes as a xmas gift! hint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if Santa reads my blog, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I w the info in the Times, it does sound fun, but who else has tried it? Will they recommend it? I love this site by the way so I'm 70% there, through interest and necesity!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delphinium Gillis3 December 2009 at 17:10

    The times 2 gift guide, recommends Fab in High Heels, I want to know if we get to wear those shoes? !

    Delphimium xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cherie, I don't know who Anonymous is (comment above) but they seem to have only good things to say! Your best bet is probably to give Sarah a call and see what you think. I'm sure you would enjoy it! All the best...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Delphinium (love that name!). I believe they are a size 5. You could go to www.ninahouse.com and send Nina a nice e-mail asking to borrow them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have Just had my first class with Sarah and after the initial fear it is really fun, she makes you feel so relaxed and laughs a lot with you! also it was different to what I expected, not all walking in heels, there were two other women there and it was a great social event as well... i do feel more confident when i walk around the house in my heels! Ive taken to dancing in them as well :-}} I m booking to go back at the end of the month, so I ll attempt going to the works event with my man in my new heels... thankyou Sarah.
    Angela Lucas x

    ReplyDelete