Blog Home   |   Website   |   Contact   |   Fine Art Prints   |   Facebook

Thursday 4 June 2009

Public Relations Photography

With all the excitement surrounding our Government at the moment, I thought I would share some recent photographs of a few members of parliament, just in case they become ex-members of parliament and end up being of rather less interest than they currently are.

First off is Laura Moffatt MP. Laura is an exceptionally nice lady, one of the few MP's that take the time to talk to photographers and as you can see, she is will try pretty much anything to help out with a photo-shoot:


I think I would struggle to persuade Gordon Brown to try a pose like that... actually I'm not sure I would want him to.

Here we have Bob Ainsworth MP having a go in a flight simulator. I had to wait outside when it was "in-flight" due to restrictions on the number of passengers so I don't know how well he did, but I didn't hear any screaming coming from inside and when they opened the door no one had been sick, so I guess he must have done fairly well.


Finally here is John Hutton MP, Secretary of State for Defence. I get the impression that Mr Hutton is a very decent chap, with a genuine interest in defence and does try very hard to obtain funding, although given the article in this weekends Sunday Times about yet more defence cut-backs and project cancellations he probably doesn't get as much as he would like.


This is not a political or pro-military blog, but here's a thought. How about every year the names of twenty MP's are pulled at random out of a hat and they have to spend two months with a front line operational unit, no exceptions (even if it's the PM) and no special treatment. It would be interesting to see what effect the risk of having to face the consequences of their own decisions would have on defence policy.

Well, it's election day so I suppose I had better go and vote...

01323 639404

No comments:

Post a Comment