Blog Home   |   Website   |   Contact   |   Fine Art Prints   |   Facebook

Friday 20 July 2012

50 Shades of Marriage?

Yes, they are having their hands tied together but, no, I'm sorry it's not actually an example of marital bondage high-jinks.  It's just one of a great many Slovakian wedding traditions I've come across over the past few years.  In this one the Bride and Groom have to share a bowl of soup with their hands tied to encourage them to work as a team - which I think is a lovely idea:


I don't know for sure, but I suspect we have probably lost a few wedding traditions like this over the centuries which seems a shame and it's great to see them being kept alive in Europe - I won't even go into traditional German wedding games, but if you ever get the chance to go the a German wedding don't hesitate - just do it! 


01323 639404



No comments:

Post a Comment